Monday 1 December 2008

The Clarion Hotel, Copenhagen


The Clarion is one of those hotels that "will do", not stunning or particularly memorable. It's set in the business district, so is OK if you are coming for a meeting, but if you are exploring Copenhagen then I would recommend somewhere closer to the City centre. This hotel is about 10 mins away in a taxi.

Rooms are modern and contemporary however lack a feel of quality, more ikea/Ilva inspired, internet is free using the ethernet in the room which is a bonus. As the hotel is in the business district, the place feels a bit dead, so wouldn't come here on my own. I found the receptionists a bit frosty, hyper efficient but a welcoming smile wouldn't have gone amiss.

There are two types of room, those facing the road and those facing the sea (which are sold at a premium). I got allocated a road room and it was noisy, I found the bed uncomfortable and when it rained it was noisy, so I won't be going back! The mini bar replenishment was hit and miss which made things worse.

The only jewels in the crown were the whirlpool and sauna on the fifth floor which has a nice view (however if there are more than four people in the place, it will feel busy), food quality was pretty good and the conference centre was also excellent with good AV.

Official Rating 4*
My Rating -2P